I have just recently heard that Barney the Dinosaur is making a major small screen come back in the year 2017. I've heard in some places it will be a revival, and I heard in other places it will be a reboot. I've been waiting for this day to come, just in time for the 30th anniversary of Barney, which will be in 2018. Here's a list of things I would like for them to do in the new episodes.
1. Bring back a school setting, to stay true to the theme song.
2. Keep Riff and some of the new songs.
3. Bring back songs from Barney & the Backyard Gang and Generation 1 & 2.
4. Bring back the Barney Bag.
5. Bring in a Modern-day Adventure Screen.
6. Bring back the magic words, "Shimbaree Shimbarah" (if that's spelled correctly)
7. Have continuity in it like in Season 1 - 3.
8. Bring back Mr. Boyd, Stella the Story Teller, Professor Tinkerputt, & The Winkster.
9. Bring back regular special guests like in Season 1 - 3.
10. Bring back Barney's house for special occasions.
11. Make the voices of the dinosaurs similar to the Season 3 ones.
12. Do crossovers with shows like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
13. Show more of Barney's world (where his house is).
14. Bring back more Generation 1 characters for special appearances.
15. Make the 30th anniversary special have the Backyard Gang characters, and favorites from Generation 1, 2, and 3, and make it part clip show.
16. Use old footage from past episodes more often.
17. Mix modern versions of old songs with their original ones, for a throwback style.
18. Make Baby Bop 4. BJ 8, Riff 7, and Barney 200,000,004.
19. Make it so that it has the same fandom as My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
20. Bring back full versions of all songs.
21. Bring back old versions of certain songs (like The Other Day I Met A Bear)
22. Bring back the use of a treehouse.
23. Bring live shows back to home video.
24. Bring back classics like Down By The Bay, Never Talk To Stangers, Take Me Out To The Ball Game, ect.
25. Bring back Mother Goose.
26. Tell storys again, like in Seasons 1 - 6.
27. More references to the past.
28. More kids 5 - 12.
29. Bring back Barney's closet.
30. Make the show feel like Generation 1.
Oh what a dream that would be for the Barney revival. Please let me know what you think of my list in the comments below.